12/20/2022 - The California GOP data team added 2022 General Election Vote History from their voter file to the Election Results Dashboard, which is now complete with the certified vote totals from the Secretary of State. Best viewed on a computer or tablet here: https://cagopdata.com/reports/election-night-results
Observations about Alameda County: Registered Republicans: 11% of Voters (100K of 931K people) - County Republicans who Voted 57% - County Democrats who Voted 57%
One 2024 Goal to consider: Get the Alameda County Non-Republican 10% who voted Republican in 2022 to re-register as Republican.
Notes about the dashboard:
- This dashboard has multiple pages and features that allow you to view contests in greater detail including registration toplines, votes cast by party toplines, historical election information, and more.
- Hover over the map to see more details within each county where an election contest took place.
- Use the “County Filter” to filter the entire dashboard for Alameda County
- Select the “View Details” button in the top right corner of the main page of the dashboard to view election data and ballots cast details in table form.
= = = =
FINAL - 11/22/2022 - About half the voters discarded their ballots.
VBM Ballot return Status as of 11/7
Alameda 941,605 Mailed 247,137 Rcvd 26% Returned
Statewide 22,183,890 5,230,699 25%
- This pre-final day VBM count originally felt as low turnout
- BUT an equal number of mail-in ballots arrived AFTER 11/7
As reported Election Results as of 11/22 9am
Alameda 931,130 Register 495,599 53% Voted 0 Remain
Statewide 21,940,274 11,114,708 50% 63,002
Election results will change as vote-by-mail ballots, provisional ballots (including conditional voter registration provisional ballots), and other ballots are tallied. Final results to be completed by 12/9 and certified by 12/16
Like Primary, vote split between progressive populous coast and rural counties.
The lengthy counting of mail-in ballots through 11/22 only lowered percentages by average of 1% since Election night. This is not statistically significant given such wide margins. The exception was the Livermore Mayor race which was 50/50 for first week or two and changed by 3% points to 47/53.
Republican State-wide candidates averaged a near uniform 40% each
HOWEVER, in Alameda County, State-wide candidates averaged 20% each
- US Senate Mark Meuser - R - www.markmeuser.com
- Governor Dahle, Brian - R - www.briandahle.com
- Lt. Governor Angela Underwood-Jacobs - R - www.angelaforcalifornia.com
- Sec'try of State Bernosky, Robert - R - www.votebernosky.com
- Controller Lanhee Chen - R - www.chenforcalifornia.com (45%)
- Treasurer Guerrero, Jack - R - www.jack4treasurer.com
- Attorney General Hochman, Nathan - R - www.nathanhochman.com
- Comm. Insurance Robert Howell - R - www.electroberthowell.com
- Calif. Sup. of Instruction - Lance Ray Christensen - R - www.lancechristensen.com (36%)
US House Representatives
- CD12 Stephen Slauson - R - [email protected] (9%)
- CD14 Alison Hayden - R - www.alison4congress.com (31%)
- CD17 Ritesh Tandon - R - www.tandonforcongress.com (29%)
Board of Equalization District 2 - Verbica, Peter - R (30%)
State Senator SD 10 - Two Democrats running
California legislators assume office first Monday in December following their election.
- AD14 Richard Kinney - R www.richkinney.org (12%)
- AD16 Joseph Rubay - R - www.rubay4assembly.com (34%)
- AD18 Mindy Pechenuk - R - www.electmindy.com (10%)
- AD20 Two Democrats running
- AD24 Robert Brunton - R - www.votebobbruntonforassembly.com (31%)
Supreme Court (12 Year Term)
All four were confirmed with 70% yes
Court of Appeal - First Appellate District (Includes Alameda County)
All were confirmed with 78% yes
City elections occur in each November General Election. The lesson in 2022 is that very few votes win most local seats.
We are not listing all candidates. No one paid us to list these names. See also: Candidate List - Registrar of Voters - Alameda County (acgov.org)
The Central Committee formally endorsed these LOCAL candidates:
- Fremont USD 3 - Jennifer Kavouniaris - https://jenkforfremontusd.com/ (28%)
- Hayward USD Board Member - Tom Wong - https://tomwong2022.com/ (19%)
- City Council - Jeanne Solnordal - https://www.votesolnordal.com/ (6%)
- Union City
Livermore Valley Joint USD Board Members (The 3 elected had 16%, 18%, and 20% of vote)
- Deena Kaplanis (12%)
- Alexandria Izarraraz - www.alex4lvjusd.com (9%)
- Livermore Valley Joint USD Board Members (The 3 elected had 16%, 18%, and 20% of vote)
The Central Committee honored requests to have a preferred standing (but not formally endorsed). These candidates cannot advertise that they are endorsed but they can say "Recommended By".
Livermore Valley Joint USD Board Members
- John M Kupski (6%)
- Erika Kristina Mazaika (4%)
- Livermore City Council
- Mayor - Mony Nop (47%)
- District 1 - Carol Wahrer (41%)
- District 2 - Ben Barrientos (55%)
- Livermore Valley Joint USD Board Members
- Mayor -Ignacio De La Fuente - https://www.delafuenteformayor.com (10%)
- Sign up to track your mailed ballot here: https://california.ballottrax.net/voter/
- Check registration (status, party) with Alameda County: https://www.acgov.org/rovmvp_app/mvp.do
- Check registration (status, mailing address) with State: https://www.sos.ca.gov/elections/registration-status