California Republican Party Platform
The California Republican Party envisions a vibrant, prosperous and safe California defined by a robust world-class economy, strong and healthy families, and reformed and responsive state and local governments that serve all people while protecting individual liberties as enshrined in the US Constitution. As the party of Abraham Lincoln, we believe in dignity and equality for all.
- Choice and excellence in education for all Californians
- The safety and well-being of all California residents, including freedom of choice for health care
- Economic policies that promote economic growth and innovation, leading to increased affordability
- A reformed system of taxation that maintains and improves infrastructure and public safety while reducing the burden on working families, homeowners and older Californians
- Favorable environmental policies that supports California’s farmers and ranchers
- Election integrity and ethical government
We are boldly confident about California’s future and hold dearly all that is good about California’s people.
To get a PDF copy, click to download the full California Party Platform.
Because of the current hot issues swirling about California, please read especially these sub-sections (listed in the order found):
National Republican Party Platform (2016, Up for renewal 2024)
Republicans believe in liberty, economic prosperity, preserving American values and traditions, and restoring the American dream for every citizen of this great nation. As a party, we support policies that seek to achieve those goals.
Our platform is centered on stimulating economic growth for all Americans, protecting constitutionally-guaranteed freedoms, ensuring the integrity of our elections, and maintaining our national security. We are working to preserve America's greatness for our children and grandchildren.
The Republican Party's legacy -- we were originally founded in 1854 for the purpose of ending slavery -- compels us to patriotically defend America's values. As the left attempts to destroy what makes America great, the Republican Party is standing in the breach to defend our nation and way of life
With this platform, we the Republican Party reaffirm the principles that unite us in a common purpose.
- We believe in American exceptionalism.
- We believe the United States of America is unlike any other nation on earth.
- We believe America is exceptional because of our historic role — first as refuge, then as defender, and now as exemplar of liberty for the world to see.
- We affirm — as did the Declaration of Independence: that all are created equal, endowed by their Creator with inalienable rights of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.
- We believe in the Constitution as our founding document.
- We believe the Constitution was written not as a flexible document, but as our enduring covenant.
- We believe our constitutional system — limited government, separation of powers, federalism, and the rights of the people — must be preserved uncompromised for future generations.
- We believe political freedom and economic freedom are indivisible.
- When political freedom and economic freedom are separated — both are in peril; when united, they are invincible.
- We believe that people are the ultimate resource — and that the people, not the government, are the best stewards of our country's God-given natural resources.
As Americans and as Republicans we wish for peace — so we insist on strength. We will make America safe. We seek friendship with all peoples and all nations, but we recognize and are prepared to deal with evil in the world.
Based on these principles, this platform is an invitation and a roadmap. It invites every American to join us and shows the path to a stronger, safer, and more prosperous America. This platform is optimistic because the American people are optimistic.
Click to read the full National Party Platform
Because of the current hot issues, please read especially these sub-sections (listed in the order found):
- Defending Marriage Against an Activist Judiciary
- The First Amendment: Religious Liberty
- Honest Elections and the Right to Vote
- Protecting Internet Freedom
- Immigration and the Rule of Law
- Marriage, Family, and Society
- Choice in Education
- Title IX
- Protecting Individual Conscience in Healthcare
- Defending International Religious Freedom