Annual Organizational Meeting of Alameda County Republican Party Central Committee (ACRP). This is an in-person meeting ONLY. There will not be a Zoom link.
The agenda is mostly defined in By-Laws (See Members web pages). The 11/2022 adopted Voting Procedure (not defined in the ByLaws) must be re-affirmed by a majority vote of the attending members. No ordinary business occurs during this 4-hour organizational meeting.
Key Points about Procedures (This is not a comprehensive list):
To Vote, Members must pay 2024 Dues ($52) by January 15 (Best: On-line donation and then e-mail Treasurer that donation is intended for 2024 dues)
Members encouraged to e-mail self-nomination to Chair. Nominations allowed from floor. A Member from floor must second each nomination.
Prior year Chair presides over election of a temporary Chair and a temporary Secretary. Each hold that office until their replacement elected.
Next, Members must vote to affirm or adjust the 11/2022 adopted Voting Procedure as adjusted on 1/18/2023, namely:
- A motion to ban or allow recording devices in this meeting.
- A motion to allow voting procedures not specified in the ByLaws.
- If passed, a motion to approve all or singly the following:
- Speaking regimen: Seconder/Nominator 2 minutes, Nominee 3 minutes, One or two others 1 minute each
- Voting is by secret paper ballot in person.
- Blank paper ballots, one ballot per office per Voting Member.
- Since ballots not trackable, Members submit folded ballot by roll call by temporary Secretary. Attendees maintain silence during roll call.
- After roll call for an office, votes immediately counted for that office with an observer chosen by each nominee.
- An office with a single nominee may be accepted by verbal acclamation after the nominee speaks.
Executive Committee Offices elected in this sequence: Chair, Vice-Chair, Treasurer, Secretary, Asst. Treasurer, Asst. Secretary
Assembly District Chairs, in break-out caucus by their Assembly District. (The election of these offices can be postponed to February meeting)
1039 MacArthur Blvd
San Leandro, CA 94577
Google map and directions