Resolution 2023-11B - The Alameda County Republican Party Central Committee, resolved:
- Fentanyl, which was originally developed in Belgium in the 1960’s as an opioid to relieve chronic pain, has become a nationwide crisis.
- Fentanyl is causing massive destruction to communities all across the United States
- 107,000 Americans overdosed last year and two-thirds of that figure are estimated to be caused by Fentanyl.
- Fentanyl precursor chemicals originate in China, then shipped to Mexico to create a final product.
- Fentanyl, due to its incredibly high potency, as well as its chemical makeup, is incredibly affordable and, unfortunately for U.S. border security, easy to traffic,
- Fentanyl is approximately 100 times more potent than morphine and 50 times more potent than heroin as an analgesic.
- in fiscal year 2023 alone, CBP (Border Patrol) has seized over 20,000 pounds of Fentanyl coming across the Southwest Border – enough to kill over 4.6 billion people.
- Fentanyl mixed with Xylazine is an emerging threat in the U.S., because Xylazine, an animal tranquilizer, can be life-threatening and is especially dangerous when combined with opioids like Fentanyl.
- internationally, the United States needs to continue to bolster strong relations with China and Mexico in order to protect human lives.
The Alameda County Republican Party Central Committee demand that the Biden Administration
- close the U. S. Southern Border,
- bolster strong relations with China and Mexico, and
- hold all financial institutions, hedge funds, private equity firms and multinational corporations accountable for the crime of money laundering to stop the massive influx of deadly Fentanyl.