Resolution 2023-11A - The Alameda County Republican Party Central Committee, resolved:
- human trafficking is the 2nd largest illicit industry in the U.S., 2nd only to the drug trade.
- California consistently ranks number one in the nation in the number of human trafficking cases reported to the National Human Trafficking Hotline
- human trafficking is a form of modern-day slavery, in which human beings are controlled, exploited and killed for profit.
- online websites have enabled traffickers to recruit victims and customers in large numbers.
- young children, of unknown numbers, are exploited by traffickers who force them to sell their bodies for the trafficker’s financial gain, and when they are no longer a financial asset, they are sold for body parts.
- drugs are bought and sold in one single transaction; human beings, however, can be sold over and over again, and some victims report being forced to engage in commercial sex with up to fifty “clients” in a single day.
- On September 25, 2023, California Senate Bill 14, was signed into law, having sex trafficking a serious felony, making the crime a strike under the Three Strikes law.
- the actual number of illegal immigrant children, who have entered the United States illegally at our southern border, is unknown, and they are unaccounted for and extremely vulnerable to human trafficking.
The Alameda County Republican Party Central Committee
- will pursue the fight against human trafficking by providing educational outreach and asking that all financial institutions, hedge funds, private equity firms and multinational corporations be held responsible for the laundering of funds from the illegal trafficking trade.