Resolution 2023-09A - The Alameda County Republican Party Central Committee, resolved:
- The Howard Jarvis Taxpayers Association (HJTA) has made available the official petition to the Repeal the Death Tax initiative on the November 2024 ballot.
- This important initiative will restore the ability of parents to transfer their home and a limited amount of other property to their children without any change to the property tax bill.
- It will restore the same rights for grandparents if the children's parents are deceased.
- The constitutional rights that Californians had for decades were taken away by Proposition 19, which passed narrowly in 2020
- Voters were told that Prop. 19 was a protection for wildfire victims and for seniors who wanted to move to a new home. Prop. 19 was the largest property tax increase in California history,
- The Repeal the Death Tax initiative will restore the protections that Prop. 19 took away and will not change the other parts of Prop. 19
- It will be retroactive, meaning people whose property was reassessed for a parent-child transfer will be able to get their property's original trended base-year value (under Prop. 13) back again, as if the reassessment had not taken place.
The Alameda County Republican Party Central Committee
- Fully supports the Repeal the Death Tax effort.
- Urges [everyone] to visit the RepealTheDeathTax.com website to download the Petition and to share it widely to reach the goal of one million signatures by January 16, 2024.
- Defends our rights as Californians for private property, to help families build [economic] security for the next generation and to work towards a more efficient, less intrusive government.